Release of new app and website
June 21, 2021
Early detection of breast cancer can save lives – check out our new app!
The earlier breast cancer is treated, the more likely it can be cured. By having regular breast exams, you can detect changes earlier and get treatment sooner if there are problems. Checking your breasts at home complements the regular visit to the gynaecologist.
To make this self-check as easy as possible for you, we've redesigned the DearMamma app to be more intuitive and user-friendly. And in order to reach even more people, the DearMamma app is now available in 11 languages (German, English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Hebrew, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali and Chinese)!
- Record your findings
- Set a reminder for scanning
- Have all steps and instructions read out to you – even in your native language
- Set the app according to your needs (e.g. with skin tone, security code)
- The app is free and will always remain so.
- Once downloaded, the app is fully functional offline.
- All text in the app can be read aloud.
- All personal data entered in the app is stored on your device. DearMamma does not collect or have access to it.
We also redesigned our homepage. You’ll find the most important facts about breast cancer in the mentioned 11 languages. And they are even read to you if you wish.
We also want to thank our numerous partners, who joined us on this journey! After three years of gathering voices and experiences among women worldwide and receiving valuable feedback, we are proud to announce the release of our DearMamma app. We also want to thank the web agency update AG, who implemented the new app and the new website. They supported us with their technical and design knowledge.
So – what are you waiting for? Discover our new homepage and learn more about breast cancer. Download the self-check coach for your pocket and do your first self-examination today. And if you like the app, recommend it to others!